Working with many of the UK’s most well-known real estate companies, from FTSE100 housebuilders and town centre regenerations, to international advisory firms and major office developers, the Account Director will act as a senior contact for clients, advising them on strategic communications, leading client meetings and ensuring that activities are being delivered on time and in line with the agreed PR strategy.
With a background in property communications, the Account Director will be confident in advising clients and managing relationships. They will have an excellent range of appropriate media contacts across property, business and lifestyle media.
They will draft concise, client-ready, strategic copy without grammatical or spelling errors and will be responsible for ensuring that the work of Consultants and Executives is of a similarly high standard.
The Account Director will be a motivated self-starter who can juggle a large client portfolio at one time, prioritising effectively whilst also working well as part of the team.
In addition to client facing work, the Account Director will regularly be involved in new business, through lead generation, pitch deck creation and client presentations.
Skills and responsibilities
- Ensure that clients receive a proactive, first-rate service, highlighting the added value that SEC Newgate provides and maximising opportunities for cross-selling.
- Manage and continue to expand a strong and established network of media contacts to generate regular media opportunities for clients.
- Develop creative event and partnership concepts for clients, from inception to delivery.
- Be a highly competent writer, supporting the development of those at more junior levels to ensure that content is strategic, accurate, engaging and effective.
- Consider and express new approaches to issues or opportunities potentially facing the client, demonstrating that you are capable of thinking outside the box.
- Demonstrate an understanding of wider industry issues and themes and how they could impact your clients.
- Keep abreast of new communications techniques that might benefit clients, and share insights with clients and other team members.
- Handle crisis communications projects, working with the team to provide strategic advice to clients, draft statements and liaise with the media.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage multiple client briefs at one time and to prioritise your time effectively.
- Manage and review the work and performance of more junior colleagues, demonstrating an ability to delegate work, build confidence through clear guidelines, support and encouragement, and hold people to account.
- Contribute effectively and constructively to the team, proactively offering support and ideas and delivering on them.
- Complete timesheets accurately each day, ensuring that all juniors also do the same.
- Communications is not a 9-5 job and you may be expected to work at weekends and outside standard hours occasionally. With that in mind, timekeeping, flexibility and time management are a necessity.
- Ensure senior team members are alerted to any concerns or potential issues.
- Actively contribute to brainstorms and idea generation for new business opportunities and marketing initiatives, flagging initiatives from other agencies, enabling SEC Newgate to stay at the cutting edge.
- Identify and progress possible new business targets, including starting to develop a network of contacts that bring or refer new business opportunities to you.
- Cross-sell SEC Newgate services, leveraging your understanding of the markets, business and politics to consider how we may be able to support clients in other ways and encourage clients to take an integrated approach.
- Coordinate the creation of new business proposals, including briefing colleagues to provide market insight and peer comparisons and working with senior colleagues on strategy and pricing.
- Lead in creating case studies and maintaining credentials and biogs.
- Understand our approach, our strengths, our broader offering and our USPs. Maintain and develop a network of contemporaries and peers to broaden SEC Newgate’s network and to drive awareness of our brand. Represent SEC Newgate at (virtual or physical) comms industry and sector events and share insights with appropriate colleagues.
- Play an active role in new business pitches, owning a topic and participating in the development of the pitch.
To create positive outcomes for clients and communities in a connected world, where companies will increasingly need communication advisors with strong local roots, global reach and true entrepreneurial spirit, driven forward by talented people.
Talent: We hire enthusiastic, ambitious people who are passionate about delivering work to the highest professional standards and we are committed to providing a stimulating, fun and rewarding experience as part of our diverse team.
Innovation: We are creative thinkers who use research and the latest technologies to drive insights and analysis of the competitive, cultural and political environments. This fuels our strategic thinking and boosts our ability to understand and predict perspectives and deliver for our clients.
Collaboration: We are partners with our clients. We listen and then choreograph experts from across our areas of specialism to deliver positive, winning solutions for their priority issues.
Determination: We are optimistic and determined in everything we do – obsessed with excellence, in making a real difference and always with an entrepreneurial spirit.
All SEC Newgate UK team members are expected to act in the interests of all stakeholders in the business (not just shareholders but also other team members, suppliers, clients, the community around our office and also the environment). We expect all staff to act in accordance with the SEC Newgate UK ethics policy and to adhere to the standards set out in our environmental policies. Any concerns should be reported to the management team, the ethics committee or escalated via the whistle blowing policy.
As well as a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer 30 days’ holiday each year (plus a day off for your birthday and a day off for a charitable activity), as well as opportunities to work flexibly and be part of a friendly and high-calibre global team.
To apply, please follow this link.
Applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK.
- Job code:
- Location: SEC Newgate London
- Start date: Jun 2022
- Expires: 20 Jun 2022