What the role can offer you . . .
With the 28-year heritage of the former PPS Group firmly embedded in Newgate, you will have every opportunity to immerse yourself in a successful team that commands respect from clients and competitors alike. You will have the chance to gain hands-on experience working on active clients across a range of sectors. While we specialise in community consultation/property PR, there will be the need and opportunity to become much more fluent across broader corporate and digital communications and public/regulatory affairs.
You will work alongside a passionate and supportive team which is part of a growing and award winning international communications group, Porta Communications.
18-24 months’ experience in property PR, either in an agency or in-house. Excellent attention to detail and ability to work to tight timeframes is a must. Ability to deliver all aspects of the agreed work programme for a client as set out by more senior staff and respond to all contact from clients, colleagues and third parties in a timely manner – going the extra mile in proactively delivering for clients.
Undertake insightful research for clients and colleagues, including for new business, aiming always to want to be the best informed in the room. Work closely with and manage the relationship with key suppliers on your accounts. Take part in relationship building and networking activities with colleagues, clients, the media, analysts etc.
There are also a great range of benefits and potential, both in terms of rewards and future career path. Interviews can be arranged immediately.
- Work with the senior consultants/partners and wider team to develop and implement engagement strategies and programmes for clients
- Manage and lead on day-to-day client servicing, being a ready point of contact, able to act upon client requests and to give robust advice with confidence
- Manage monthly work-flows and ensure all agreed activity is delivered on time
- Have a keen understanding of trends in the sector and be an authoritative source of information on national/local government policy as it impacts your clients
- Maintain good relationships with clients, identifying opportunities to grow business not just for your team but across the wider agency
- Manage the client reporting and coverage monitoring process with Executives
- Research, write and distribute press releases to targeted local media, with support from junior and senior colleagues
- Manage all event management and logistics around client events
- Work, both individually and with the wider team, to identify new business opportunities and devise and implement strategies/campaigns to target potential clients
- Help develop and deliver presentations for new business using PowerPoint and other mediums
- Engage in networking to develop contacts and identify opportunities
- Cultivate and use your own contacts to generate new business
- Mentor Executives, identifying any work issues or problems to your senior team members
- Demonstrate understanding of planning policy
- Demonstrate good understanding of local authorities and the political landscape, particularly in relation to planning and development
- Develop and maintain excellent media contacts within areas relevant to clients
- Excellent writing skills that can translate to a number of different corporate styles and target audiences
SOCIAL & DIGITAL MEDIA
- Demonstrate an awareness of key social media platforms and how they can be used for engagement purposes
- Advise clients and prospects on best practice when using social media
This is full-time employment.
If you wish to apply for this position, please send a covering letter outlining why you would be a great addition to the team, along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We may appoint before the closing date.
- Job code: Engage Consultant Mar19
- Location: SEC Newgate London
- Start date: Apr 2019
- Expires: 31 May 2019
- Salary: Competitive