Responsibilities would include:
- Monitoring local, regional and national news on a daily basis.
- Producing regular digests for internal and external audiences.
- Providing administrative functions for the team.
- Assisting with research on projects across a range of sectors, including housebuilding, energy, infrastructure and transport.
- Assisting with regular updates to Newgate’s Who Runs My Council website
SEC Newgate is a fast growing international communications agency with offices and affiliates in Europe, Asia, Australia and South America.
This is a valuable opportunity for someone seeking to start a career in public affairs and communications and an ideal role for someone who has a strong academic record and, ideally, knowledge of the political or public policy environment. The candidate will have:
- Knowledge and understanding of the political and legislative processes at local authority level.
- Excellent written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and experience of working in a team
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, and be able to prioritise workloads
- Computer skills: MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Job code:
- Location: SEC Newgate London
- Start date: Jun 2021
- Expires: 11 Jun 2021
- Salary: TBC